Saturday, October 5, 2013

Have I Told You....

We are now one week away from the "Show".  It's going to be quite an interesting week!  I plan on blogging daily...so, be prepared for...well, anything!

Since Wednesday, I have been carb loading, up to 350g per day. ie: lots of oatmeal, brown rice pasta, sweet potatoes and rice cakes!  I was given the clearance to up my intensity for a couple days when I teach, which has resulted in quite a few sweat puddles in classes the last couple days (sorry if I've christened you with my droplets, ladies :).  Tomorrow is our cleanse...day of vegies, fish and water.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is lower carbs days for me.  Brittani is used to this type of schedule-it will be new for me.
The last 12 weeks has opened my eyes to see first hand how every body is different.  Not only in the obvious, (physical appearance), but rather in how it "works".  My nutrition guidelines have been so different compared to Brittani - almost to a point where I feel it is not fair.  It's not fair for her to have to watch me eat large amounts of food, while she is so regimented in her day to day requirements.  It's not fair to her that she has to work so hard with additional cardio sessions, while I had to scale back.  I have watched her pull herself up and keep fighting over and over again.  Her determination to stick to it is something I wish others could see.  I don't think I could've done it if I was in her shoes.  She is living proof that you don't let anything stand in your way of finishing what you started.  Have I told you that I love my little girl?? :0)

So, now we prepare.  My suit is ready to go. I have my bling-bling to make me really sparkle when I'm under the bright lights.  I'm doing my mental imagery daily~practicing my posing~completing my last chance workouts~ still following my master's plan (aka Christine), and have accepted that everything I've done up to this point is going to  determine how this journey ends.

I'm looking forward to being on the other side...I've been the nervous lady in the crowd fidgeting waiting for her daughter to take the stage...the LOUD lady that is right behind the judges yelling "Go Britt!!!  NICE!  Make it big!"...the HYPER lady that is running around doing what she can to help her daughter get through her day.  I will always be that lady, but this time, I will be on the other side of the curtain...with my daughter...Have I told you... that I love my little girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment