Thursday, October 10, 2013

Who's counting??

I wake up everymorning, feeling like P-Diddy...no, not really...I wake up every morning thinking...what day is it?  How many days til the show?  What can I have for breakfast today?
This morning breakfast consisted of sweet potato, egg whites and asparagus...and of course, black coffee :).  Today and tomorrow are days of real prep...certain foods at certain times...no more oatmeal or added fats (That means Peanut Butter!!)...decrease in water (thank goodness-I was peeing it out as fast as it was coming in the last couple days!).  Practice, Practice, Practice!

We had our last appointment with Christine yesterday-final day to have her fine tune our poses-words of encouragement-review of nutrition guidelines for the next couple days and prepare us mentally for our stage performance.  She will have another "look" at us on Friday and Saturday, but the prep now involves having the body rest and following the final nutrition roadmap.
 As I drove to the appointment, I thought back to how I felt the going to the first one with her...nervous, unsure, anxious, tired from not sleeping the night before...but on yesterday's drive, I was excited to show her (and Brittani) how hard I have been working on making my poses look relaxed and natural, show her my confidence in knowing that what I've done up to this point has been the correct path to bring me this far. I'm still fine tuning the "relaxation" part~ relax the hands, relax the shoulders-but still POP the deltoid, spread the lats and flare the quads... 
A good friend of mine is a model and I asked her what she thinks about when she's in front of the camera to look so calm and relaxed (and beautiful!)...her reply is advice that I am using, she said "You need to tell yourself that you DESERVE to be up there! You've worked hard, you look great, you need to keep telling yourself that you DESERVE this!"

 Two Days from today is the show..but, who's counting?  I am!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment