Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Go! Pose! Win!

Still prepping...getting more nervous, and excited!  Yes, excited!  I have to keep telling myself that this is gonna be FUN!  You get to dress up in sparkly clothes--I mean, sliver of sparkly cloth--wear 5in heels, have someone spray tan your WHOLE body, do your make up and fix your hair!  How FUN is THAT!!??
Yep, I'm psyching myself up.  Practicing inside and outside my head everyday.  I wake up in the middle of the night to pee at least 3x and every time I envision myself walking out on stage (as I walk to the bathroom), going through my quarter turns (as I'm evacuating), and then walking back to my "place" on stage (as I walk back to bed)!  Call me crazy, but, I am using EVERY opportunity I can to practice ;)

Teaching my last ZUMBA class last night was surreal- I kept thinking, "it's getting so close, this is the week!"...I was pretty low on energy, (no carbs on board), but seeing all the smiling faces and hearing the whoop-whoops just reminded me of how lucky I am to be surrounded by such a wonderful group of women!  The energy at the studio is something I've never experienced in my 24+ years of teaching classes...such a buzz last night...two members/friends made a sign with body doubles of Brittani and I and members are writing encouraging words on it.  GO! POSE! WIN! Another member/friend is making baked goodies for Brittani and me (we sent her our recipes of choice :).  The hugs, cards and well wishes I am receiving is amazing!
I've tried to keep quiet about most of this journey, sharing bits and pieces to those that inquire, writing this blog to give some insight to what goes through my head and what I've learned along the way.  But now I feel that the more I talk about it, the more real it becomes.  I can now, finally, see myself going through with it.  Sometimes, I may share too much??? yes? no?...my TRX class learned last night about how we have to prep the skin for the spray tan session (shaving and exfoliating best practices were shared! :).
Yes, I'm nervous....Yes, I'm scared...Yes, I'm excited...not only for me, but for Brittani too...I LOVE watching her compete and I am now practicing how to have a back stage quiet voice when I cheer for her.  I am a LOUD and PROUD mama! She is and always will be my #1 (even though "A" is the second letter in my name and the first letter of the alphabet - those that were in our circuit class last week know what I'm talkin' about ;0). I'm ready to G0! POSE! and WIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment