Saturday, September 28, 2013

Two Weeks...

Two weeks from today, at this time, I will be back stage and will be done with pre judging, or, still waiting to go out and compete.  The morning session is when the judges make their placement decisions.  Who will be in the Top 5, Bottom 5...then placing based upon comparison and symmetry the #1,2,3,4 and 5 finishers to receive the hardware!

I've been asked how I'm feeling...nervous? excited? ready to be done?  And the answer is: TRUE!  All of the above.  I am nervous..I keep looking at my "suit" and pray that the glue gods will be at full strength and keep it in place while I have it on.  I am excited...stage~bright lights~bling-bling~...but, ready to be done?? Not really!  I have enjoyed this journey.  I have found a new appreciation for eating healthy consistently and the importance of fueling the body appropriately.  I look forward to seeing how my body responds when I push it just a little more each week to make it stronger and bigger~without feeling like a puffed up marshmallow.

My Rheumatoid Arthritis has not interfered with my goals each week.  My shoulder joints have always been a bit of a problem area for me, but, through keeping up with stretching and doing my A.R.T. therapy with my wonderful Chiropractor, (Dr. Brian Paulson), it has not been a setback on building that area.

I have even adhered to the decreasing my aerobic output each week...we are now on week 4!  At first I was very scared to take away something that I look forward to everyday...but, I do feel that having a couple days off is a GOOD thing to let the body recover and build between sessions.  I love how my ZUMBA family is so supportive and are also there to make sure I don't get over zealous during our favorite songs!! That is soooooooo hard to dooooooo..... (I'm wining...).

I look forward to seeing Christine every week!  This past week I heard the word that almost made me pee in my bikini...Perfect!  That's how she described my posing...I couldn't believe it!!  Seriously...Perfect!!  She also gave me a lecture...I mean pep talk...about what is gonna happen on stage...ie: stop comparing myself to other competitors (esp looking at their pictures on Facebook-which, I haven't done since that one time!!).  I really don't want to end my relationship with this wonderful person...so positive, inspiring, motivating and has a fantastic calming affect on me (I hear her voice in my head every time I practice...relax...spread...roll out..roll back...THERE! NICE!).  If you are even considering doing a competition, you need to remember two words:  Christine Bongiovanni!!
So..as we prep for the final two week, my nutritional requirements are up a little bit (more carb, protein and fat)~No Dairy or Wheat...amazingly, I feel more hungry!!  I can't wait to eat!

I was asked today what I want to taste/eat "first thing" after the show...I really didn't know how to answer it, and after thinking about it for awhile, I came up with the perfect answer:  the taste of VICTORY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment