Sunday, September 8, 2013

5

Five weeks...Five weeks...Five weeks...actually, 4 weeks and 6 days until "The Show!".  Brittani and I meet with Christine every week now.  She continues to evaluate our progress, refine posing, restructure nutrition schedule (NOT diet!) and make recommendations to prepare the body for the next 5 weeks.

It's still work..it doesn't get easier, just more refined.  My nutrition needs have been shifted to try to slow down the pace that my body is transforming...CRAZY to have to decrease my cardio and increase my carbohydrate and fat intake so my body will not get too lean.  But, I am behaving...NO cardio on Thursday's and Sunday's-these are the days I do not teach ZUMBA-and, during my ZUMBA classes I'm instructed to decrease my intensity, which I am still figuring out!  It is very hard for me to not get pumped up when I teach.   The energy in the class is contagious and I love getting into the music and moving thy body!  Brittani is my moderator...she will catch my eye and say: "stay low!", or,  "you're not supposed to be doing that!", or, "you need to tame it down, cha cha!"~ I'm TrYiNg!!  If my Body Fat and weight are stable at my next appointment, then we know we've found the right mix for the next couple weeks.  So, fingers crossed that my good behavior will pay off...

I am proud of myself for not giving up and cheating on this journey..yes, I've watched people eat carrot cake with 1" thick cream cheese frosting, chocolate cake that looks so moist you could ball it up and eat it like a huge snow cone, tator tot hotdish (I made it and didn't even do a taste test!), peanut butter M&M's, and ice cream cake from cold stone creamery.  I've thought about having 'just 1' adult drinkey-drink, I've walked past wonderful looking pastries and homemade cookies and bars, and inhaled the luscious smell of gooey, cheesy, loaded with goodness, pizza....but, when I decided to do this "thing",  I decided to do it all the way. I don't like to deprive myself of anything, and know that on October 12th, (that evening-in fact), I can decide how I want to start eating these "foods that do not contribute to my fitness journey right now".

For now, I will continue to log my food in my app (friend me on 'my fitness pal' if you want to see what I'm eating), continue to work on creating a "V" with my back (lift those weights, gurl!), walk in my 5" heels (I actually look somewhat normal now!) and practice my quarter turns and model poses.

I'm can almost (almost) feel the well endowed lady with the long flowing hair being placed in my hands...



No comments:

Post a Comment