Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The List....

It's posted..the list...Caryn Locke #27...Brittani Locke #23...it's getting real.  Real scary...Real nervous..real!  There's a lot of names on the lists, many competitor that have done this type of thang many times already.  I bet they aren't nervous.  I bet they looked me up on Facebook just like I did to find them and try to figure out what I'm bringing to the stage.  If I had a heart rate monitor on, I'd definitely be in my training zone...

So, I'll push that out of my head and focus on the next 3+ weeks.  My suit arrived on Saturday and after digging in the envelope to see where the rest of the material was, I have accepted that it's made to accent my assets.  Which I am hoping will be stage worthy to wear that bedazzled sliver of cloth!

I meet with Christine tomorrow and she wants to see me pose in my new suit (I hope it stays put!!).....OMG...I'm FREAKING OUT!!!!!!...ok, refocus...Let's remember what I have done up to this point.  I've followed my lifting schedule and feel stronger and that my "muscle bellies" have filled out (Brittani's goal for me!).  I've followed my nutrition guidelines and the last two weeks have stuck to decreasing my cardio so I can increase my muscle weight.  My body fat has gone down and my posing has become more relaxed.  I've learned to twist, turn, smile, and walk in my hooker shoes. Check~Check~Check.
I've received such awesome encouragement from so many people and I feel much more comfortable talking about what I'm doing.  I do feel like things are falling into place and I've come farther than I thought I could..but...I'm now at a point where I want to WIN!  Ok, I admit, I am a smidge competitive.  (Thus the FB stalking...).  I'm hoping that smidge will take me all the way to having a piece of hardware placed in my hands...I'm going to work hard the next couple weeks, so watch out!!  COMPETITOR in TRAINING to WIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment