Thursday, August 15, 2013

Timing...

I feel like the last week has gone by in a snap of the finger.  I'm so excited for tonights ZUMBAthon for Hope that I can't sit still.
This is the third year of doing this event and I get so fired up for it.  It's so cool to be able to raise money for our community, hand it all over (cash and checks) and know that it will help someone in need.  When people share with me how breast cancer took their mom, sister, friend, relative, acquaintance away from this world, it makes me want to make this event even more successful than the last.
If everyone just stopped and really thought about how it feels to be told...you have breast cancer and we need to start treatment immediately...everything changes-in a snap of the finger.
So far, knock on wood, my boobies (yes, I do have some under those padded bras) are cancer free and I do not have a sibling with breast cancer-yet- (I have 5 sisters so the odds are high that one of us should get it)...however, I did lose a brother in law to cancer, and have 2 nephews that were diagnosed with cancer (they are both under 28 yrs old).  I can sum it up to say that CANCER SUCKS!!!  It really does...it takes over and changes everything!!  We don't get to choose when, what or how...and those that have been through these steps know how it changes your perspective on many things in life.  What really matters comes front and center pretty quickly.
So, tonight I will give it everything I have...I will think of all the people that wish they could be there to dance, and for all those in the crowd that are thinking of those that they are dancing for..and know that I will DANCE for those that CAN'T for as LONG as I CAN! (Because I can!)

No comments:

Post a Comment