Sunday, August 4, 2013

I'm doing what????

I've wanted to do this for awhile...blog...so, here it goes!
I understand that when you blog, no one can "like" your post, or, block you like on Facebook. So that makes me feel that I can really let the words hit the paper and have them reflect my thoughts.  Let me repeat..."my thoughts"...I cannot guarantee what will be left on paper will always make sense, or seem reasonable...but, I give you my scouts honor (yes, I was a brownie and a girl scout!) that I will try to be the best new blogger that you may ever encounter :)

My latest adventure is that I've entered myself into a Figure Competition...I still have to keep telling myself that I'm going to do it!  My lovely daughter, Brittani, has completed 2 Figure and 1 Physique competition in the last 2 years....and after her first competition, she was planting the seed of wanting me to do one with her.  After watching her last competition in June, I decided that I wanted to do it.  Watching her stay disciplined with her regime along with how proud I felt of her accomplishments, made me want to give it a whirl.

On July 1st, with only Brittani and my hubby knowing, I started the "eating clean" way of life.  I don't like the word "diet"...so, I called it a "new way of fueling my body".  I started keeping record of my food intake by using the My Fitness Pal App and added weight lifting back into my daily schedule.  Brittani would review what I'd eaten each day and give me advice on what I should add, delete, get more of, eat less of...she also wrote out my weight lifting programs for me.  After 2 weeks, I made my decision to do the upcoming show on October 12th.  
I contacted Brittani's Trainer that she'd been working with for nutrition, lifting and posing consultations with the hope that she'd be able to take me on as a new client...and she did!
After my first meeting with her, I felt an uplift of confidence...yep, I can follow the program...I can get stronger...I can learn to walk in 5 inch heels (still practicing!)...I can learn to turn and twist to make this muscle look BIG and make other parts seem SMALL...and I've been practicing every day!
I look forward to my appointments with Christine, hoping she'll see the work I've put in and give me the look of: Yep, girl, you got this...
Brittani and I go to appointments together...while I'm standing in my 5" heels and a bikini going through my poses with Christine, Brittani is a second set of eyes and ears to what is happening...I kinda go tunnelly for awhile...all I see are my legs shaking from being so nervous, and my shoulder not high enough, and my left side not turning as easy as my right side, and trying to spread my lats!!!...all minor things I continue to work on. 
I feel like I am eating all the time...did I get all my carbs in...all my fat...all my protein...such a science!!  Eat this amount before you lift, eat this amount after you lift, drink this after you teach...take a day OFF-WHAT????  
But, I do feel awesome!  I go to sleep every night with a full belly and wake up counting down the seconds until my oatmeal is done...starving!!!  I've seen results already...body fat is down about 2-3% and muscles bellies are filling up (Brittani likes to say that!). 
 I DO want to bring home a first place statue of lady that is well endowed and has long flowing hair and elegant muscles- who wouldn't?? But what I'd like to achieve even more is to be able to walk gracefully on stage in my 5" hooker heels while wearing a sparkly, fancy, less-than-a-bikini outfit, (Must not forget to kick up the heels so your hamstrings show, and sway your hips a bit..)...smile without looking like I'm faking it...and to look back and say I gave it all I had and I had FUN!

1 comment:

  1. you're a true inspiration for all ages, mom...that you can achieve anything at any time in your life regardless of what is going on in your world. success on the inside shows on the outside! the greatest task is winning the battle against yourself and all the doubts that form along the way. You are already creating your own stage and in my eyes you'll always be in first... love u!

    ReplyDelete