Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mirrors....

I think I have a love/hate relationship with mirrors.  Have you ever found one that you LOVE, then move to another one and you're like...wtf??  How did that happen??
  I was recently working on my "quarter turn to the right" and noticed that when I was in front of one mirror, I was like "hey...not bad..".  Then I did my lil walk and was in front of another one and was wondering which one was being the most truthful.  Really..within a 10 foot distance my reflection changed that much??  Then I was like...wait a minute...I think I need to quit having the reflection dictate how "I" am feeling about me.  Doesn't matter what image mirror #1 or #2 reflected, it's how I feel about what I'm seeing that should matter the most.  
I do love mirrors for the fact that they can offer correction...like when I'm teaching, I rely on the mirrors so I can scan my peeps and make use what I'm doing and saying is being heard and seen correctly.  It's also very helpful when you need to see if "things" are in their right places...or, do we need to PULL them OUT, or, put them back IN??  
I also like mirrors for the many hours I spend driving to make sure Mr Po-Po is seeing that I am NOT speeding...and for Mr and Mrs Rural, that only take the car out on Senior Discount Day to do their shopping, to SEE ME when they PULL OUT right in front of me....seriously!
When we start to have the mirror control our emotions is where I think we need to do an attitude adjustment.  Yes, you do look rested today...No, you do not need to curl your hair today...Yes, I am going to approach my day knowing I am fortunate for all I have, and blessed to be able to use what I got.

It's like those fabulous e-cards...the ones that say, "this is what I think I look like when I'm doing "x"...but this is what I really look like".  I believe in the power of believing that I look that way I want to look...act the way I feel at the moment...and those that are joining me are realizing that the mirror doesn't control me---I do!


1 comment: