Friday, August 9, 2013

Meeting with Christine

This week was another appointment with Christine.  I never sleep well the night before.  I wonder if I've made any improvements since the last time we  met (which was 2 weeks ago).  Will she see any change in my posing-THEY ARE HARDER THAN THEY LOOK!  just sayin"...
What will she change?  What will she write in my "book"?

The book:  it contains my daily weight training sessions...which body part I am working, lifts/exercises, dumbbells, machine, barbell, & how many reps and sets.  Christine writes down my progress when I meet with her...my weight, she takes my body fat using skin calipers  and records my Body Fat percentage, lean body weight and Body Fat weight.  She will also write my diet goals...ie:  how many grams of carbohydrate, fat and protein I need to consume daily.

This week she has increased my fat and carbohydrate intake and posing recommendations~ I have a tendency to want to squeeze instead of spreading....pull in instead of pushing out...my left side turns more than my right side (need to get back into yoga!)...I need to "RELAX" my arms (but just from the elbows down!)...and I'm still getting used to standing in 5" heels...oh, and flare out my thighs...soooooo much happening!!!  I had a decrease in body fat which is what we are working toward, and have increased my lean body weight (muscle weight)-all good stuff- so, I figure all the food I am eating (over 2000 calories per day) is working...

We are 9 weeks out from competition...at 8 weeks I start getting serious with the posing practice..hold each pose, run through the routine a couple times each day, stay focused...how am I feeling about all this???  I like it!
Here are the benefits I have experienced:  My joints feel wonderful (in case you don't know, I have rheumatoid arthritis), I sleep like a baby (without ambien!), my energy level is up and I don't mind following the "plan".
I also feel like I've observed a lot of different situations this week that has really made me have some "deep thoughts with Caryn Locke"....will save that for another blog entry...time to eat again...

No comments:

Post a Comment