Sunday, June 8, 2014

Learning something new...

Here's what I've learned....

  • I no longer like Tilapia
  • I LOVE the taste of peanut butter with egg whites
  • I get bloated after adding crystal light packets to my water (so now I just drink plain water)
  • When I drink all my water, I don't even miss my Diet Mountain Dew (Haven't had one in a couple months).
  • Drinking a liter of iced water when I first wake up, wakes me up!!
  • Going to sleep before 11p makes me feel energized during the day
  • If I stick to the plan, the changes do occur
  • I know where all the good bathrooms are along my work routes
  • I can follow a gluten and dairy free regimine
What I need to learn...
  • Patience
  • Drink my 12 liters of water as early as I can so I'm not up 5 times during the night to evacuate
  • This is about what I can do, not what others are doing
  • Believe in myself
  • Physique poses....and routine...in 2 weeks!
Yep, you read that last bullet correct...Along with the Figure category, I will also be competing in the Novice 35+ Physique category.  YIKES!!!  That's right, Caryn, just add a little more stress to your last two weeks.  How did this happen..well..it goes a lil something like this...

When I met with Christine last week, she asked me to take off my stripper shoes (she didn't actually call them stripper shoes, that's my name for them).  She walked me through the 5 poses that I'd have to do if I competed in the Physique division.  She suggested I do the Novice division at the upcoming show.  My initial reaction was...WHAT??  Seriously???  Am I being PUNKED??   (spell check doesn't even recognize that word! Make sure you google it *punked* if you don't know what I'm referring to :)
  
We talked about my progress.  It is kinda evident that Physique would fit my body structure better (build the back and shoulders to make it look like I have a waist).  
So, I told her I'd think about it....and I did...for a day (don't have a lot of time to decide!!)...
I also talked to THE CHAMP (aka Brittani- my daughter), to see what she thought.  Could I pull it off?  Am I ready to cross pollinate?  And, most importantly...WILL YOU HELP ME!!!??? 
The Champ said YES...do it!!...why not?? (um, maybe because I don't know what I'm doing???).

So here we are, 2 weeks out from the show and I'm practicing model turns with heels on, and also barefoot.  Toes pointed forward, and toes pointed out.  Squeeze and contract the muscles (Get BIG!) and lift shoulders and arch the back.  Oh...and, don't forget...I also need to pick a song and put together a one minute lil routine to it.  
Brittani walked me through the poses yesterday.  She makes it LOOK so easy!!  It's not!  I will be practicing like a mad woman! 
 I woke up this morning and told myself that I am committed to take this new experience and make it successful.   Getting back into that little box, on that stage, with all the bright lights, looking at people that are judging me on how my I look, and SMILING :D.. at this point~ equates to success in my book!

The goal now is to make sure what I do *inside* that box reflects all the hard work I've done *outside* the box!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment