Sunday, May 18, 2014

One Day at a Time

So, here we are...getting closer.  Less than 5 weeks to go.  It seems like a long time, but in reality, it's not.  I'm starting to feel like I'm running out of time.  Will I get "the look" that I need to place higher this year?  Is my body transforming fast enough?  I guess, only time will tell.

There's been some changes in my training and nutrition guidelines.  I've been dairy and gluten free for over two weeks.  Cottage cheese and plain greek yogurt were an everyday ingestion for protein up to that point.  I eat a lot of egg whites, chicken, shrimp and cod.  For some reason, I cannot eat tilapia anymore.  The last time I had it, it tasted like dirt to me and I barely choked it down (going through that once is enough!).  My fat intake is also low, so I savor every morsel of peanut butter that is on my tablespoon. Now I know why cats "lick the bowl"...I don't want to leave anything in my spoon!!! I have found a new peanut butter with lower fat, Jif Whips, and am also using a lot of PB2.  I've had to get pretty creative with my meals.  I'm eating a lot more vegies for fillers - celery, carrots, red pepper (green peppers make me burp-a lot!), asparagus, tomato, and broccoli slaw.  I've also discovered tofu noodles that really taste pretty good!

This upcoming week has some new changes that I've told myself that we just need to approach one day at a time.  One meal at a time.  One bite at a time.  I feel like this is the peak of transformation time.  Gonna be challenging, but I know I can do it!!  By the way...dieting sucks!!  I know I'm doing this for a specific goal, and the benefits are definitely becoming evident when my weight and body fat are doing what they should.  But, seriously...now I know why people can't stick to a diet...they are not realistic in the real world.  This show prep is so different compared to last fall.  I'm still eating quite a bit of food, but in different combinations - lower fat~ carb cycling~ more water~...I trust the process, but boy is it a change for me.
Change is good! That is how we get the body to respond.  For four months I was eating high fat, high carb and high protein to put on muscle weight (which I accomplished), so, the smart thing to do is make changes in my consumption and get the body to let go of unneeded pounds and fat weight to show off the filled muscle bellies underneath.  Isn't this FUN??  :)

I'm meeting with Christine weekly.  She evaluates my posing, diet and measures my body fat.  My posing is different compared to my show in October.  Mainly, because my body has changed.  So, where I place my arms, shoulders and how much I arch my lower back play a huge factor on how I can show off all my hard work.  I'm practicing every day...I have my 5" shoes in the bathroom and when I'm getting ready in the morning, they are part of my routine.  Every time I have to reach for my blow dryer, make up, lotion...I have to practice my quarter turns.  I don't think I'll ever be completely comfortable in those shoes, but, I'm gonna fake it until I make it!!

I was asked if I remember the last 5 weeks that led up to my last competition, and if I felt that it went by fast.  When I really think about the timeline, I feel that it will fly by...June 21st will be here before I know it.  On the other hand, when I look at my nutrition guidelines, it feels like a LONG time....all I can do is stick to the plan...and take it one day at a time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment